Have You Got the Best Sports Doctor?
One can’t really measure the best sports doctor attribute. But then there can be telling factors in knowing if you have a good one.
Based from my own experiences, I realized that I’m more drawn to doctors who were compassionate and would show great care as compared to the more clinical ones. Though it can be a role that they wouldn’t want to pursue (the compassionate type because they should never give out extreme feelings right?) as doctors, they can be felt during the healing process.
It has been in the studies that feeling of concern and care can help in the hastening of patients conditions.
But then a good doctor shouldn’t be all just compassionate, the right amount of knowledge and expertise should be there also. And that is a reality no emotions can drive off.
Do you have the best one?
Here are some points if you have the best doctor there is for your medical condition.
- Schooled and licensed by the right institution. Having achieved this requirement would mean he or she is qualified enough to practice. Sports doctors require different things as compared to ordinary physicians out there.
- With proper and extensive training. Sports injuries require specialized attention and healing. Plus athletes who are injured would want faster healing to get right back to their feet. A good doctor can have that extensive training through fellowships and residency. Experienced doctors can pinpoint your case at a first glance. But then further evaluation should be needed too.
- Good reputation. This precedes all other things. Having a good reputation would mean you never had any substantive complain that would hinder his or her ability to heal. Trying to look for doctors you might try to know their reviews and past patients too. A good reputation is hard to achieve in this kind of field. IT was mainly built from series of successful treatments and happy and healed patients. Especially that it is in the sports field, outcomes are really seen physically.
- Should have good equipment too. The best sports doctor should have the access to modern diagnostic and treatment equipment. This way, a good evaluation is ensured and healing might be hastened.
- Should possess good personal characteristics too. Here are the list of these:
- Good communication skills.
- And many more
So those are the matrix you can consider once you started to look for competent and good sports doctor. And the easiest way of finding them is through a good institution. Try to go and list down the main sports medical facilities in your place. Then try to assess their capabilities. Or you can go for specific doctors. Ask around too if you are unsure and keep your search focused.
If unsure again, try to look for facilities and doctors which offers your choose of treatments and therapies. You can choose treatments such as hydrotherapy, physiotherapy and massage.
Image Credit: mdanderson.org
Originally posted 2013-04-18 14:57:50.