Heart diseases are mainly associated with the blood vessels supplying nourishment to the heart muscles. Coronary arteries are the primary artery that brings oxygenated blood to the heart muscles so that they remain healthy and function properly. Diseases related to the coronary arteries are chronic and hard to cure. If suffering from a heart disease, you need to take care of your heart at a regular basis. If you have had interventional procedure or surgery to improve blood flow to the heart, you need to take good care of your heart throughout your life. These procedures do not cure your disease but you also need to take precautions to prevent further progression of the disease. Following the below tips will help you living life with heat diseases an easier process.
- Recognizing the symptoms of the disease as early as possible is essential and you need to consult your doctor if the symptoms get severe. In the initial stage when the symptoms are normal and do not seen to be serious, have some over the counter medicine to treat it or the medicines that your doctor has prescribed. If the symptoms become severe and is not cured with medications, do not wait for a help and call for emergency assistance.
- Try to reduce the presence of risk factors so that the development of the disease is not as easy. An individual with risk factors such as blood pressure and cholesterol are at a greater risk of heart diseases. Try to avoid these risk factors and it will help you avoid the chances of getting heart diseases.
- Medicines help you to maintain a proper health and keep the symptoms into control. Your heart thus works normal and in an effective manner. When you take you are suffering from any such health risk, follow the guidelines that your doctor has advised to you.
- Meet your doctor at regular intervals for checkups. Your appointment with the doctor should be planned according to the suggestions from your doctor. You might need to see the doctor after every few months or may once in a year.
Reduce the Risks Factors
Making changes in your lifestyle would not be easy for you if you are suffering from heart diseases. It requires dedication and discipline to follow a plan like proper food habit, managing stress and keeping cool, quit smoking, etc. Following are some tips that might work well. However, you should consult your dietician and physician too, so that you know you are at right path.
- Have a plan developed before starting
- Make sure that the goals you set are realistic
- Concentrate on one type of change in your lifestyle at a time
- Once a change is done shift to another like quit smoking and then shift to diet change
- Lapses may happen in your plan but learn to go with it and come back on track
- Feel good and rewarded by yourself when you achieve a goal