Improve the Production of Testosterone
Testosterone is a hormone produced primarily by the testicles and in smaller quantities in the adrenal glands. It plays a crucial role in the development and enhancement of male sexuality and reproduction.
Often times, people identify testosterone as the hormone that defines a man owing chiefly to the effects it has on his body. Testosterone is responsible for hair growth, maintenance of bone density, increase in energy metabolism and muscle mass. These are the very reasons why testosterone is being associated with manhood. It is important to know that this hormone is not exclusively produced in males. Women also possess testosterone but only to a lesser degree.
The normal level of testosterone falls between 350 up to 1,000 Nano grams per deciliter. From birth until adulthood testosterone is being produced in an increasingly stable rate. Nonetheless, when a person hits his climacteric stage around the age of forty, levels of this powerful male hormone begin to decline with an average of 1% each year. Although the waning of this anabolic hormone does not pose a threat in the short term, over time especially when men reach the age of sixty, problems related to low levels of testosterone begin to manifest such as obesity, muscle loss, brittle bones and worse, impotence. If the values continuously plummet it will put you in a far greater risk of getting a heart attack.
However, it is not just aging that causes testosterone to diminish. There are also other factors that adversely affect the amounts of testosterone in the bloodstream such as injury to the testes, certain disorders in the pituitary gland or the hypothalamus, medications, HIV/AIDs or obesity. Luckily there are a number of strategies you can do to put your testosterone levels back in order. The following are ways in which you can naturally increase your testosterone levels.
1. Check your weight and make sure your BMI doesn’t show that you are overweight or obese. This is just to give you a baseline of your weight and to let you know how much pounds you’ll lose.
2. Exercise and lose the excess pounds. Studies show that shedding extra pounds will help increase testosterone levels. Men who are overweight or obese are more likely to suffer from low testosterone levels.
3. Go on a diet and take Tonkat Ali Extract regularly. Do not just rely on exercise alone if you want to hasten the weight loss process. Go on a diet. Avoid foods that are high on sugar and as much as possible minimize your intake of carbs. It will be wise if you go for green leafy vegetables and fruits that do not have too much fructose.
4. Reduce stress. The body is automated to release cortisol or better known as the stress hormone during stressful times. Unfortunately this hormone blocks the effects of testosterone. So as much as possible learn to manage stress. Avoid people or places that can contribute to your stress.
5. Consume healthy fats. Eliminating fats in your diet to lose weight is a big misconception. In fact, our bodies require fat to function optimally just so long as you do not consume more than your daily caloric requirement. When it comes to the production of testosterone, consuming monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats is essential.
Low testosterone can be a problem especially if you consider its long term effects. But there are always ways to help prevent it from happening. By choosing to live a health-conscious lifestyle, you can overcome the perils of low testosterone.
Originally posted 2013-07-09 14:37:42.
1 thought on “Simple Ways to Improve the Production of Testosterone”
I am David William , a member of some Medical coding & Billing community. I had landed on your site “http://healthandstuff.com/” and found the articles really worth reading. The quality of your content is so good, that it made me request you something. I love to write medical coding and billing articles and would like to contribute something for your site. I can give you an original guest post and if you want, you can suggest me the topic also and I will write accordingly. Not only that, I will give you the total rights to edit the article and modify it as per your needs.
In response I expect you to give a link back to one of my endorser who helps me to continue my passion and serve individual sites and blogs like yours.
Please let me know your thoughts. Waiting for your positive.